17 September 2010
first day
\ Wake up at 500 get there at 550 people make us get in attention and start shouting at us, I know their game so I start cracking up so I have 3 senior enlisted folk shouting at me as Im cracking a smile, then my friend Robbie starts smiling and almost gets his ass chewed out.
Had my hair buzzed, they still made me get a hair cut and wasted 10 dollars, didn’t know how they could cut a no guard anyways so I just had the lady go really no guard xP there goes my lunch money
Ran 1.5 miles it was nothing, everyone was heaving and I was chanting away with the staff sarge and the older midshipmen
Screwed up names so often that’s all I got shouted at for, tho I can keep my composure pretty well so they cant yell at me too much cuz it gets boring, tho they do like to ask me questions cuz I know jack shit.
Some enlisted girl is shouting at me to put all my stuff back into my sea bag, we have 60 seconds and im so good I don’t get flustered, I actually start chuckling, she immediately gives up and starts shouting at the girl beside me. Keenan 1, ROTC 0
Was talking to a peer, we were instructed to quiz each other, he didn’t hear so I ask him, he flips out and stutters and is jittery thinking im an instructor or something, he even called me sir, I enjoyed that. But eventually I told him to relax and take a breath.
Did 14 pull ups for Mr. Bell, then another Mr. comes along 5 min later after Bell leaves and makes me do pull ups, got to 7 then I said, Mr. ______ , Mr. Bell already made me do these. He almost felt bad.
Actually lost count doing pull ups, they asked me what and I said I don’t know, they say oh okay so you did one or 2, then Bell says, I believe it was about 14, I expect you to get 15 at Pendleton, I was like shit cant I keep the 1 or 2?
Almost told an officer his cadence was off for marching, even the enlisted guy transferring in to ROTC as a junior was off because of the guys screw up. He blamed me tho, and told me to adjust.
1.5 mile run we got to chant about daddy giving PT time to mommy, actually got a cramp laughing to myself.
Overall a great mixture of tiredness, humor, nervousness and productiveness today. I think the staff likes me cuz I see thru their act and they like me keeping my composure and looking confident enough. I love watching the unit take things personally as they get shouted at by 3 people, thank god for football.
And one more thing that made me laugh, I can just imagine my little bald dad as a commander sitting at a desk being all chill, great contrast compared to these people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am NOT little.... well, not _that_ little...
ReplyDeletefootball!!! yay it was actually useful for once. don't get too cocky though
ReplyDeleteoh yeah and you can thank me for prepping you for the running
ReplyDeleteright--don't get too cocky... otherwise you will be a cock
ReplyDelete