is very slow. I took a friend of mine there last night and we sat around and did nothing from 9:30 PM to 2:00 AM. And after all that it turned out she just had a serious shin contusion, not even a broken leg. Anyway, the worst part was that the hospital only let one person go with the injured person so being a nice guy I volunteered (and to preempt any of you speculating about anything [especially you, mom] she's a good friend who has a boyfriend who's a friend of mine so I wasn't back there for any reason other than friendship). Meanwhile, my friend Alex and Charlotte's (the injured girl) friends Emma and Nikki (who are single) sat in the waiting room and did homework, chatted, Sporcled, and basically just hung out and had a good time while I stood in cold rooms or sat in tiny plastic chairs for hours on end keeping Charlotte company. What was my reward you might ask? While I was back there wheeling Charlotte around in her wheel chair, carrying her crutches, and generally being ignored, another of Charlottes friends came by and dropped of some In-N-Out. Alex, Emma and Nikki of course, being the great friends they are, promptly ate all of it leaving me and Charlotte some delicious paper bags. Eventually, I got home and had to do a bunch of homework and ended up going to sleep at 5:00 and waking up at 8:00 to help a friend in need with his Spanish essay and register for classes. I then skipped breakfast so I could make it to my Econ class on time and then accidentally slept through lunch and well into my chemistry lab, meaning I didn't eat anything from Wednesday dinner to Thursday dinner. And Alex's excuse for not saving me a single french fry: "You were gone for so long ... we kinda forgot about you."
In summary:
What I sacrificed:
- My Wednesday night
- Sleep
- Food
- Chatting up the ladies
- My lab grade
- Sporcle (don't underestimate the value of this one)
What I got:
- A stronger friendship with a girl I will probably rarely see after this year
- ...
Moral of the story: being a good Samaritan sucks.
SPORCLE IS AMAZING
ReplyDeletewhen god gives you lemons you find a new god!
ReplyDeletetime to embrace the FSM
You're a good man, Weston! Think of this as a downpayment on good Karma for next time. Telling this story about a girl you may not see again to any other girl you want to impress will guarantee you success - we are suckers for sob stories ; ) As for the In-n-Out, we'll all go to 5 Guys at UTC next time you're home, my treat! Happy (late) Easter! 'Mom'
ReplyDelete