06 November 2010

Game 8

A WIN!!!

I know, it's unbelievable. We finally got our first win against La Verne, thereby earning ourselves the title of not-worst. It was a very close game. We were winning 13-6 at halftime, then the offense marched down the field on the first drive of the second half and scored to make it 20-6. Then they marched down the field on their first drive of the second half and scored making it 20-13. Then the offense threw a pick-six making it 20-20. We held them out of the endzone for the rest of the game thanks in part to a stupid holding penalty with 20 seconds left in the game which made it easier for us to block it. Then we went into overtime: we don't score, they don't score. Then double overtime: they don't score, we get a fieldgoal blocked. Then triple overtime. Finally the offense scored a TD and converted the two point conversion and we had to hold them out of the endzone to win. But they scored and all they had to do was convert a two point conversion to tie it up. But they failed! We didn't really stop them, their quarterback just kind of threw it into the dirt. But it felt good anyway.

Anyway, we officially have a win and although I didn't play great I certainly played better than last week and I batted down a few important passes. Next week is the last game of the season, homecoming, rival match, and any other important thing you can think of. It's going to be a tough game and they don't pass much but I'm still excited. Keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!! A "w" is a "w"--take it any way it comes!

    cookies for you! (and for everyone else ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what happened yesterday???? dude, one single, solitary point!! rough loss...

    no worries, you can always eat turkey...

    ReplyDelete